Do you need landlord contents cover?

If your contents get damaged or broken in your rental property, landlord contents cover can help get everything back in working order.
A couple of key questions to ask yourself when deciding whether you need landlord contents cover are:


1. If something happened to your furnishings, such as water or fire damage, would your property still be habitable for your tenants?


2. Can you afford to replace any items that are damaged out of the blue, without the helping hand of landlord contents cover?



The benefits of reliable contents cover

  • If a pipe in your property starts to leak, any contents with water damage can be repaired or replaced efficiently without you having to foot the bill.
  • You can relax knowing that if something does happen to your contents, you can be covered.
Start a quote

Know your contents cover

The contents inside your rental property are what make it a home for your tenants.

With our landlord contents cover, you will get a full range of cover against damage to your contents caused by:


  • Fire
  • Malicious damage
  • Storm
  • Flood
  • Escape of water (burst pipe)
  • Theft (excluding theft by your tenants)
  • Accidental damage

Not covered

It’s important to note that there are a few items that won’t be covered by your landlord contents cover, including:


  • Jewellery
  • Money
  • Your tenant's belongings





To start your quote

You’ll need a few bits of information handy. Such as:

  • Contents; their value and whether any of these items are worth more than £1,500
  • Tenants; how many you have and their employment status
  • Property; how long you've owned it for and the number of bedrooms
  • Your name and when you would like your policy to begin
Start a quote

Looking for something else?

Find out more about our landlord insurance and other optional extras:
Landlords insurance

Find out what's included

Loss of rent cover

Find out more 

Frequently asked questions

Still got a question? Here are some answers to our customers' most asked questions.

Does your landlord contents insurance cover flats?

Yes - if you're a landlord for a residential property that is a house, flat or bungalow, we can cover your contents.


Read more FAQs